Forces of Yemen’s Houthis have seized a ‘suspected ship’ off the western coasts of the country in the Red Sea, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, the Chairman of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee of Yemen, said.
According to him, Houthi forces will release it once it proves to belong to South Korea after completing legal procedures, a top Houthi official says.
“Yemeni coast guards… are checking to see whether (the ship) belongs to the countries of aggression or to South Korea, in which case it will be released after completing legal procedures. The crews are being well treated,” he said.
Earlier, the Saudi-led coalition announced that the Houthis had captured a ship that had been towing a South Korean drilling rig. The incident allegedly took place on November 17.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: