Yemen ceasefire officially started today

Donate

The Saudi-led coalition has said it will obey to the ceasefire that took effect just before midnight local time on Sunday and the rebels also pledged to halt hostilities.

Yemen ceasefire officially started today

Anadolu news agency reported that on Monday morning ahead of talks scheduled to begin on 18 April in Kuwait under the auspices of the United Nations, a ceasefire between the fighting parties in Yemen has started.

It is reported by Reuters that clashes are reported in Taiz.

According to the report, the Saudi-led coalition has said it will obey to the ceasefire that took effect just before midnight local time on Sunday and the rebels also pledged to halt hostilities. The coalition maintained the right to respond to any violations of the ceasefire.

Last month, the UN envoy to Yemen announced the ceasefire following direct talks between the government and the Houthi rebel group.

In February, the European Parliament passed a resolution, calling on EU member states to stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia over high civilian casualties in Yemen.

Several human rights groups have called US  to follow the EU parliament’s lead and impose an arms embargo on the kingdom since  8,400 people including  2,236 children, have been killed so by the Saudi aggression.

It is also reported that the Saudi airstrikes have also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.

However, there are allegations that several GCC countries with western green signal have been funding and supporting terrorism in some Middle East countries to take over indirect control by installing a pro-GCC government.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!