The Russian military has delivered 17.3t of humanitarian aid, including food and medicaments, to civilians in Syria this week, the Russian Armed Forces revealed in its weekly report. According to the report, the Russians also provided 190 Syrians with medical help.
The report added that 1.271m displaced people have returned to their homes since September 30, 2015. Since January 1, 2019, this number is 3,100.
Besides Syria, the report provided a look at other activities of the Russian military:
- 23 aircraft carried out reconnaissance operations along the Russian border. In response, the Russian Aerospace Forces scrambled jets 5 times;
- A new bantch of BMD-4M amphibious infantry fighting vehicles entered service with the Russian military;
- 97 military infrastructure objects were finished;
- About 300 vehicles, 2 ships, over 100 waggons were involved in the military’s cargo traffic. Over 50 cargo flights also took place;
- The military held 4,245 practical actions in the framework of operational training exercises.