Venezuelan authorities announced the detention of another group of mercenaries of the operation “Gideon”, including one woman.
As of May 11th, 45 people are in custody in relation to the operation.
During the last 24 hours, the Venezuelan State Security Forces captured a total of 14 mercenaries who participated in the failed infiltration attempt on May 3th.
El @Libertad020, la @2Redicapital, @ZodiLaGuaira, el @GNBoficial, #EscudoBolivarianoTiburon2020,en Operacion Conjunta y Mixta, se producen 3 nuevas capturas en San Miguel. Pquia.Carayaca, para un total de 14 mercenarios en maniobra yunque martillo.@NicolasMaduro@CeballosIchaso pic.twitter.com/pv2T8A8dzl
— RediCapital_2 (@2Redicapital) May 11, 2020
🇻🇪🔴 Venezuela detiene a 8 nuevos mercenarios de #OperacionGedeon en localidad montañosa de Petaquirito, a unos 50 kms de Caracas. Esta captura incluye a sobrino de Cliber Alcalá
👉Detenciones se dan en marco de #OperaciónNegroPrimero para anular planes mercenarios@teleSURtv pic.twitter.com/oh7rd1PVu0
— Leonel Retamal Muñoz (@LeonelTeleSUR) May 11, 2020
All 14 were not arrested in the same operation, but at different locations throughout the country.
Notably, the Special Actions Forces (FAES), belonging to the Bolivarian National Police, indicated that they detained in the Tovar neighborhood, Aragua state, three individuals involved in the failed armed incursion that occurred on May 3rd.
Those detained by the FAES were identified as First Lieutenant Jairo Betemy, Army Second Sergeant, Franco Jonathan, and Bolivarian National Guard First Sergeant, Evan Rincón, who are now in the custody of the corresponding authorities.
At the moment, 31 mercenaries (including eight from the Petaquirito mountainous area and two ex-green berets from the United States) have been captured and accused of attempting to carry out an armed incursion and abduct or kill Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Hace unos minutos han sido capturados por las #Faes tres mercenarios en la Colonia Tovar, en el estado Aragua, quienes integraban el grupo que pretendió realizar la incursión marítima frustrada el pasado #3May pic.twitter.com/ddXq5YjLaT
— Néstor Reverol (@NestorLReverol) May 10, 2020
Earlier, interviews were published of both the Americans, who work for Silvercorp USA, a company that’s provided security for US President Donald Trump.
The Washington Post published the purported contract signed between US-Proclaimed Venezuelan President Juan Guaido and the mercenaries, as well as a contract signed by Guaido’s adviser Juan Rendon.
Can we just take a moment to consider how disturbing it is that in 2020 we still have private U.S. security companies, paid millions as mercenaries, to overthrow foreign countries, very possibly at the behest of the U.S. gov.
— Michael Fox (@mfox_us) May 5, 2020
Some highlights of the contract are as follows:
- Assistance from Silvercorp advisers to the group of allies in the planning and execution of a capture/arrest/elimination operation of President Nicolás Maduro, the overthrow of the current regime and installation of the recognized Venezuelan President Juan Guaidó.
- Continuation of services for the agreed time, despite President Nicolás Maduro resigning from office, being removed by another group or government, or handing over power to another individual, before the operation was carried out by Silvercorp.
- Payment by Guaidó of a bond of $ 10,000,000.00 to Silvercorp, disbursement would depend on the success of the operation.
- In the face of a civil, federal, or state lawsuit in Venezuela or the United States against Silvercorp USA, Inc, the Venezuelan administration must finance the full cost of the legal defense. It must assume financial responsibility if Silvercorp is found not guilty.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Venezuela Seizes Abandoned Colombian Military Boats, Weapons (Photos)
- Venezuela Charges US Ex-Special Forces Soldiers With “Terrorism & Conspiracy”
- Operation Gideon: the Hidden Plot of the New Failed US Attempt against Venezuela