A convoy of U.S. forces left on October 30 a key base of the coalition in the northern al-Hasakah countryside, according to the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA).
“A convoy of Trucks of U.S. occupation forces moved from the illegal Qasrak base between Tell Tamr and Tell Baidr in the northern al-Hasakah countryside towards Iraq,” the state-run news agency’s reporter said.
U.S. forces “booby-trapped” Qasrak base’s facilities on October 19. However, instead of leaving the base, more forces were actually deployed there, days later.
On October 26, a convoy consisting of 13 U.S. military vehicle’s and dozens of troops entered the base coming from the Iraqi Kurdistan Region. The new troops were stationed inside the base.
Earlier this month, U.S. forces began withdrawing from northeast Syria, facilitating a Turkish-led offensive on the region. However, this was not a complete withdrawal. The Pentagon says that some U.S. troops will be staying in northeast Syria to “secure” oil fields there.