The US may reconsider its support for the “Syrian moderate rebels” if reports of anti-Assad rebels beheading a Palestinian boy are confirmed. The State Department has vowed “consequences” if the gruesome videos of the death are true.
The State Department has said that videos of the boy’s death are not proven to true, yet.
If we [the United States] can prove indeed what happened and this group [al-Zenki] was involved in it… it would give us pause about any assistance or frankly any further involvement,” Deputy Spokesperson for the State Department, Mark Toner, said at a daily briefing on Tuesday.
Toner refused to provide information what “consequences” the Syrian “moderates” would face if it turns out that they had been behind the bloody incident.
“I can’t take what these consequences would be, but this would give certainly a pause and we’ll look at any affiliation or cooperation with this group,” he said when asked for details.
The US-backed “moderate rebel” group Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki captured a Palestinian kid, accused him of being a “spy” of Palestinian pro-government militia, Liwa al-Quds, and beheaded him for this (GRAPHIC VIDEO).
Nour al-Din al-Zenki operates in the area of Aleppo city and receives financial aid from the United States, in a CIA run program to support the so-called “moderate rebel groups.”
Nour al-Din al-Zenki is affiliated to the Supreme Military Command (SMC) of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and as major part of FSA units collaborates with various Jihadist groups, including the Al Qaeda affiliate in Syria, Al Nusra.
For example, Al Nusra recieved from Nour al-Din al-Zenki a Russian-made T-90A main battle tank that Nour al-Din al-Zenki had captured from the pro-government forces near Aleppo.