Two Azerbaijani troops were killed and another one was injured in a mine explosion in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, according to pro-Armenian sources. The incident allegedly took palce during demining works in Kalbajar District.
A brief summary of the recent developments in the Nagorno-Karabakh region:
- On December 8, 1,136 displaced persons returned from Yerevan to Stepanakert by buses with the assistance of Russian peacekeepers;
- As of December 9, more than 36000 people have returned to Karabakh with the assistance of Russian peacekeepers;
- On December 8, Arayik Harutyunyan, the President of Artsakh, held a meeting with the top law enforcement and military officials discussing the domestic and foreign security of Nagorno-Karabakh;
- Russia will allocate $2.25m to the International Committee of the Red Cross before the end of 2020 to improve the humanitarian situation in Karabakh, according to Russian Deputy Representative to UN Office in Geneva.
Meanwhwile, Azerbaijan is preparing to showcase the captured Armenian military equipment during its own military parade:
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Turkish TV Shows Large Part Of Armenian Territory As Azerbaijan
- Renewed Protests In Armenia As Nikol “The Basement” Pashinyan Shrugs Off Deadline To Resign