If you’re able, and if you like our content and approach, please support the project. Our work wouldn’t be possible without your help: PayPal: email@example.com or via: http://southfront.org/donate/ or via: https://www.patreon.com/southfront, BTC: 3Gbs4rjcVUtQd8p3CiFUCxPLZwRqurezRZ, BCH: qpf2cphc5dkuclkqur7lhj2yuqq9pk3hmukle77vhq, ETH: 0x9f4cda013e354b8fc285bf4b9a60460cee7f7ea9
On November 20, US President Donald Trump released a long awaited official statement on the murder of Saudi opposition journalist Jamal Khashoggi by the Saudi government in a Saudi consulate in the Turkish city of Istanbul on the 2nd of October.
The statement came amid reports from CIA-linked sources that it was Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who had ordered the killing of the journalist and the official stance of the Turkish investigation that the order to kill the journalists had come from the highest level of the Saudi government.
It was reasonable for the US administration, before making an official statement on this crime, to collect some important facts and intelligence. They are as follows:
- “The world is a very dangerous place!”
- Iran is guilty of destabilizing the situation in the Middle East
- Hezbollah is also guilty
- The Houthis are very guilty as they are resisting the Saudi invasion in Yemen
- Bashar al-Assad? …bloody “dictator”, “who has killed millions of his own citizens”
- Israel – a great country
- The crime against Jamal Khashoggi – “terrible”
- Did Mohammed bin Salman order the murder? – “maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!”
- Multi-billion deals with Saudi Arabia – remain in force
- Sanctions against Saudi Arabia – what sanctions? Washington already sanctioned “17 Saudis” involved in the murder and already detained by the Saudi government because it’s impossible to hide them.
- No practical steps will be taken to punish the Saudi regime. It’s a “great ally”
- “America First!”
Additionally, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo held a press briefing saying that Washington’s relations with Saudi Arabia won’t be affected by the Khashoggi case because “this is a long historic commitment and one that is absolutely vital to America’s national security.”
So, kill journalists, invade other countries, support al-Qaeda, and order death penalties for witchcraft. That is all fine as long as there is some US “historic commitment” at your back.