0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
3,136 $
LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER 2020

Three Civilians Killed In Overnight Azerbaijani Shelling Of Stepanakert (Video, Photos)

Donate

Three Civilians Killed In Overnight Azerbaijani Shelling Of Stepanakert (Video, Photos)

Click to see the full-size image

On November 6, a new wave of Azerbaijani strikes hit the city of Stepanakert, the capital of the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.

According to the Armenian Unified Infocenter, several heavy rockets, some armed with cluster warheads, targeted the heart of the city as well as nearby civilian settlements.

“Azerbaijan is deliberately targeting residential buildings, civil and public infrastructure across the city,” the Infocenter said on Twitter.

One of the rockets struck a house inside Stepanakert, killing three civilians. According to the reports, one woman Svetlana Mcrtchian and two her grandchildren Eric and Arkadiy Ahumian were killed.

Rescue workers were able to retrieve the bodies of the victims.

The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan called the Armenian reports “misinformation”. The ministry also stated that an explosion at an Armenian ammunition depot was behind the destruction in Stepanakert.

“An explosion of truck loaded with ammunition resulted in a conflagration in the ammunition depot near Khankendi [the Azerbaijani name for Stepanakert],” the ministry said in a statement, “The ammunition depot used to provide the units of the 10th mountain division and the 5th mountain regiment in Aghdere with weapons and ammunition.”

With today’s causalities, the total number of Armenian civilians killed since the beginning of the Azerbaijani attack on Nagorno-Karabakh has risen to 53.

The conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh will not likely end any time soon. Last month, Armenia and Azerbaijan reached three humanitarian ceasefires. All collapsed within a few hours.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!