On Saturday protesters gathered at Saba’een Square of the capital city to slam the Saudi military campaign that has left about 9,400 people dead since March 26, 2015.
It is reported that thousands of people have taken to the streets in Yemeni cities including capital Sana to denounce Saudi Arabia’s year-long aggression.
The report says, on Saturday protesters gathered at Saba’een Square of the capital city to slam the Saudi military campaign that has left about 9,400 people dead since March 26, 2015.
According to the report, protesters held Yemeni flags and pictures of the leader of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement Abdulmalik al-Houthi.
On Friday, Abdulmalik al-Houthi said in a televised speech that the Saudi aggression has failed, adding that it has only led to killing of innocent civilians in Yemen
Last month, the European Parliament passed a resolution, calling on EU member states to stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia over high civilian casualties in Yemen.
Several human rights groups have called US to follow the EU parliament’s lead and impose an arms embargo on the kingdom since 9,400 people including 2,236 children, have been killed so by the Saudi aggression.
It is also reported that the Saudi airstrikes have also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.
However, there are allegations that several GCC countries with western green signal have been funding and supporting terrorism in some Middle East countries to take over indirect control by installing a pro-GCC government.