Eastern Ukraine is close to become an escalation point for the next full-scale war, which has the potential not only to destabilize the European region, but also to involve all the leading world powers, becoming a global military conflict. SouthFront is closely monitoring developments in the Donbass region and we are concerned about the sharp increase in military activity there.
Our friend The Saker launched an open thread with the most relevant information and discussion of the situation in Donbass. We invite you to join it following the LINK.
The situation around the Ukraine is very rapidly escalating and there are a lot of signs that everybody is preparing for some kind of crisis. I would draw your attention to Andrei Martyanov’s blog and, specifically, this article of his: https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/2021/04/they-neocons-may-have-anger-issues.html. I would also point you to this recent article on ZH: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/frightening-escalation-looms-russia-warns-nato-against-sending-any-troops-ukraine.
So far these are the key elements of what is taking place:
- First, the Ukronazis have moved a large force (infantry, armor, artillery, MLRS, etc.) close to the line of contact.
- Ukrainian forces have also penetrated into the “grey zone” which was supposed to remain neutral and separate both sides.
- Kiev has officially approved a doctrine which calls Russia the enemy.
- The Ukrainian Chief of Staff has admitted that the Ukrainian forces are forward deployed and in the highest state of readiness.
- The diversity-freaks who now run the US “diplomacy” have made numerous statements in full support of the Ukraine.
- NATO has failed to reach any consensus (Germany seems to be the main reason for this).
- The Poles are now openly provoking Russia by sending military ships (surface and one sub) and aircraft in the direct proximity to the Russian pipe-laying ships in the Baltic. In one case, a Polish fishing vessel has even rammed a ship claiming “engine problems”.
- The French AFP reports that General Mark Milley spoke with General Valery Gerasimov, the Russian Armed Forces chief of staff, and General Ruslan Khomchak, chief of the general staff of the Armed Forces.
- Russia has been steadily reinforcing her western border and, especially, Crimea.
- The Donetsk People’s Republic has declared a mobilization of all her reserves.
- The internal situation of the Urkonazi occupied Banderastan is quickly degrading due to the pandemic, the infighting of various factions and the economic freefall. What does the government do to counteract these problems? Repeat “Russia! Russia! Russia!” like a mantra.
- There are consistent reports that NATO is either already on high alert or will soon be.
Things are going to move really fast now, so I am opening this open thread primarily to REPORT FACTS. You are welcome to include a commentary, but please let’s not make this is the kind of “stream of consciousness” thread which trolls and low IQ folks seem to revel in.
Please note that I have updated the moderation rules (see here: http://thesaker.is/moderation-policy/) with the following rule: “Okay, I am fed up with all this idiotic “there is no pandemic” nonsense. So, from now on, any post denying that there is a pandemic will be removed and its author banned.”. There are a gazillion of websites out there which will welcome such nonsense with open arms and a standing ovation – please make them happy and post that there, not on this blog.
I have asked the moderators to strictly enforce this rule.
Finally, this open thread is NOT to be used to discuss my evil censorship, the horrible rules I impose or how much you despise me. There are other websites which will also welcome that with open arms.
Here, I get to set the topic and the topic today is the Ukraine, NOT my horrible COVID-gullibility.
Having clarified the above, I turn this thread over to you.
You can join the thread following the link: http://thesaker.is/drums-of-war-in-the-ukraine-open-thread/
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Kiev Scrambles To Justify The Incoming Storm
- U.S. State Department Lists Ukraine’s Plentiful Human Rights Abuses In 2020