The Russian Aerospace Defence Forces in Syria is based at the Hmeymim airbase at Latakia. The Russia’s aviation composed of the next warplanes and helicopters (based on the open source information):
- Sukhoi Su-34 supersonic strike fighter – 6 units
- Sukhoi Su-24M supersonic tactical bomber – 12 units
- Sukhoi Su-25SM subsonic attack aircraft – 12 units
- Sukhoi Su-30 supermaneuverable fighter aircraft – 4 units
- Mil Mi-24 attack helicopter – 12 units
- Mil Mi-8 transport helicopter – 4 units
The attack and transport helicopters will be likely used for the rescue and humanitarian operations.
Also, an unknown number of the Russian unmanned aerial vehicles “Orlan-10” is based there.
Click to see the full-size high resolution image (3000×3000)