0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
1,796 $
12 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2020

Syrian Militants Playing “Children’s Games” Waiting To Join The Fray In Nagorno-Karabakh

Donate

Syrian Militants Playing "Children's Games" Waiting To Join The Fray In Nagorno-Karabakh

Click to see full-size image

In order to simply provide evidence that Turkey’s deploying militants to fight on behalf of Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh, these same militants continue uploading videos of their adventures.

Islamists can be divided into those who were immediately thrown into battle, and those who are still enjoying doing nothing for Azerbaijani money.

A video of Arabs dressed in military uniforms appeared on social media.

“The fighters who listen to the songs of the Sultan Murad group joke and talk. “We are at the crossing with Armenia,” one said.

While the other corrects him: “We are in Libya, in Libya,” the Syrian producer of the British BBC Riam Dalati decoded the video. He clarified that the militants say that they are engaged in children’s games here, as they have nothing to do.

At the same time, the journalist of the German Bild Julian Repke found out with the help of geolocation the location of the Syrian militants who shot the video.

“The worthy fighters of the Free Syrian Army are the best of the best. Erdogan decided to fight for a better world. Not in Syria,” the German journalist wrote sarcastically on Twitter. He cites geolocation that the shooting was carried out at the Azerbaijani base in Horadiz, on the border with Iran and six kilometers from the front with Nagorno-Karabakh.

BBC Syrian producer Riam Dalati also published what is believed to be the earliest video of Syrian militants in Azerbaijan.

It was removed on September 25-26th, on the eve of the offensive.

On one of the mountain ranges, an unknown person put a backpack into which the flag of the Syrian “rebels” is inserted. There are no such mountains in Syria or Libya.

The video, filmed by a Syrian militant right on the battlefield, has already been published by the analyst of the American Center for Global Policy (CGP) Elizabeth Tsurkova.

“Video of a Syrian mercenary in Azerbaijan. He speaks of the heavy shelling by the Armenian forces. The fighter is 23-year-old Mustafa Kanti. Previously, he was recruited to Libya in the Hamza Division, a Turkish-controlled group, ”she wrote on Twitter.

The video shows how a young militant lies in a ditch, which has been adapted for defensive reinforcement, and brushes the earth from his hair after the shelling.

Several more videos from Azerbaijan have appeared in recent days in a Syrian group on the WhatsApp messenger. In one of them, the author shows the bodies of the dead people in camouflage uniforms and says: “Pigs of the Armenian army”.

In another, a group of militants greets an attack helicopter, which is hovering over a field and launching missile strikes at an unknown target.

 

Meanwhile, on her page on the social network, the American analyst Elizabeth Tsurkova also published footage of the bodies of the first militants killed in Nagorno-Karabakh being brought to Syria.

“The body of Muhammad Khaled Ha-Shahn, which was brought from Azerbaijan to the Khivar Kilis border crossing, which connects Turkey and the zones under its control in Syria. He is one of 55 Syrians killed in Azerbaijan who were handed over last night, an eyewitness said,” said Elizabeth Tsurkova on 4 October.

On October 5th, the Syrian Jisr newspaper published a video of the preparation of the mass funeral of the militants who died in Azerbaijan.

“Last night, four refrigerated trucks with bodies arrived at one of the border crossings in the northern countryside of Aleppo province. They were buried at night and in complete secrecy, in mass graves, in the presence of a clergyman and a limited number of comrades and relatives, “Jisr wrote.

According to the Syrian newspaper, by October 5, about 80 Syrian fighters had been killed in Azerbaijan, and about a thousand more are now in Nagorno-Karabakh.

An unnamed source told Jisr that the Azerbaijanis want to advance 70-80 kilometers deep in Nagorno-Karabakh as quickly as possible, given the pressure exerted on the leaderships of Azerbaijan and Turkey to end hostilities and sit down at the negotiating table. Therefore, the militants are not allowed to rest, and about three hundred fighters have already asked to return to Syria, the source of Jisr said.

Earlier, the London-based non-governmental organization Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) announced the sending of Syrian militants to Azerbaijan. “SOHR sources confirmed that one more group is being prepared to be sent to Azerbaijan. This development of events is part of the Turkish policy of turning Syrian militants into mercenaries, ”the statement said. SOHR clarified that it is about the transfer of more than 300 people from the Sultan Murad and Al-Amshat groups from the Kurdish canton of Afrin in the northwest of the Syrian province of Aleppo, captured by Turkish troops.

Next, the militants themselves told Reuters about their “business trip” to Azerbaijan. Two of them reported that they were being hired to serve in coordination with Turkey.

“I don’t want to go, but I have no money. Life is very tough and I’m poor,” said one militant.

Reuters notes that, according to two militants, the brigade commanders told them that they would earn about $1,500 a month. A member of the Jaysh al-Nukba group said that they planned to send one thousand Syrians to Azerbaijan.

Both France and the Russian Intelligence services have assessed that many Syrian mercenaries had already been deployed to Azerbaijan and that there’s likely more to come, both urge Turkey to not interfere and for a ceasefire to be reached.

MORE ON THE TOPIC:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!