0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
3,075 $
3 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2020

Syrian Army Takes Control Of al-Hadalat Refugee Camp At Border With Jordan. FSA Rejects US-led Coalition Demand To Withdraw From Southeastern Syria

Donate

Syrian Army Takes Control Of al-Hadalat Refugee Camp At Border With Jordan. FSA Rejects US-led Coalition Demand To Withdraw From Southeastern Syria

FILE IMAGE

On Monday, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), the National Defense Forces (NDF) and other pro-government factions took control of the al-Hadalat refugee camp located near the Syrian border with Jordan.

The Hadalat refugee camp had been an important facility controlled by US-backed militant groups (widely known as the Free Syrian Army) in the border area. According to local sources, its population was about 5,000 people. A notable part of them were families of Free Syrian Army (FSA) members. These people withdrew from the cam before the SAA and its allies entered it.

This was the latest in a series of the government forces advances against the FSA in the border area. Last week, government troops took control of the border points of 173, 174, 175, 176 as well as the villages of Rajm al-Matitah and Qabr al-Khatib.

According to pro-government sources, the SAA, the NDF and pro-government militais are going to continue their efforts in order to isolate the US-held garrison in the village of At Tanf located at the strategic Damascus-Baghdad highway.

The government operation is ongoing amid constant reports about the alleged deal that the Syrian-Iranian-Russian alliance made with Jordan and the US-led coalition behind the scene. According to these reports, the US-led block will push the FSA to withdraw from its positions in southeastern Syria to Jordah. However, this task looks much more complicated than the coalition could expect.

The FSA groups of Usoud al-Sharqiya and Martyr Ahmad Abdo Forces have rejected the US-led coalition request to withdraw from southearn Syria, Reuters reported on Monday.

Usoud al-Sharqiya and Martyr Ahmad Abdo Forces allegedly received an order to stop fighting government forces from the US-led coalition and other their backers.

There is a official request for us to leave the area,” Badr al Din al Salamah, a senior official in Usoud al Sharqiya told Reuters. “We have rejected the request, since if we entered Jordan we would consider it the end … the blood of our martyrs has not dried yet.”

According to the report, the coalition didn’t provide militants an option to deploy at the US-held garrison in At Tanf.

At the same time, Reuters quoted a spokesman for Martyr Ahmad Abdo Forces that said the group had no significant problems with withdrawing from southeastern Syria.

We have accepted in principle and there are matters that have to be resolved. But until this moment there is no final agreement on withdrawing and we are still in the Badia and still fighting and in our posts,” Said Seif said.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!