On August 27, a Russian Su-24 bomber crashed in the Urals, both pilots ejected.
According to the report of the press office of Russia’s Central Military District, Su-24 bomber crashed 95 km west of the city of Perm, while making a flight to the Aircraft Repair Enterprise for scheduled repairs.the accident resulted in no destruction on the ground, as the aircraft crashed in a forest area.
After the accident, a helicopter of the search and rescue service has been dispatched for evacuation from the crash site.
“The [rescue] team has found the Su-24 crew, their lives are not in danger,” the source said.
This is the last crash in a series of accidents with Russian aircraft that took place the last month:
- On August 23, a MiG-29SMT crashed in Astrakhan region.
- On August 18, another MiG-29SMT crashed in the same Astrakhan region.
- On August 17, an IL-112B crashed not far from Moscow.
- On August 14, the Russian Be-200 crashed in Turkey.
- On August 11, a Mi-8 crashed in Kamchatka.
- On July 31, a Su-35 crashed in the Khabarovsk Krai.