0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
671 $
MARCH 2021

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Donate

UPDATE: According to reports, the death toll gew to 49 people. Authorities say that 4 people were detained in connection with the attack. At least one of them is suspected of being involved in shooting.

***

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Click to see full-size image

On March 15th, a man who identified himself as Brenton Tarrant, 28 filmed himself and his movements right before live streaming a mass shooting at a mosque leaving approximately 30 people dead in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Brenton Tarrent in the video he shared before the shooting. Click to see full-size image

Later on reports surfaced of a shooting at another mosque in the city.

The Twitter account allegedly owned by the shooter was opened in February 2019 and contained links to news articles and links to white supremacy blogs as well as photographs of the weapons used in the attack showed on the live stream.

The account believed to be of Brenton Tarrant has since been taken off Twitter. The video, originally streamed on Facebook was also removed but partial footage can be seen in a video posted by The Australian.

“Police are aware there is extremely distressing footage relating to the incident in Christchurch circulating online,” a police statement said. “We would strongly urge that the link not be shared. We are working to have any footage removed.”

The video shows disturbing footage.

In the video, he described his reasons for the attack as to “show the invaders that our lands will never be their lands, our homelands are our own and that, as long as a white man still lives, they will NEVER conquer our lands and they will never replace our people.”

Tarrant revealed he had been planning an attack for up to two years, noting he decided on Christchurch three months ago.

He said New Zealand was not the “original choice for attack”, but described it as “target rich of an environment as anywhere else in the West”.

“An attack in New Zealand would bring to attention the truth of the assault on our civilisation, that no where (sic) in the world was safe, the invaders were in all of our lands, even in the remotest areas of the world and that tehre was no where (sic) left to go that was safe and free from mass immigration.”

Claiming to represent “millions of European and other ethno-nationalist peoples”, he said “we must ensure the existence of our people, and a future for white children”.

The gunman described the attack as an act of “revenge on the invaders for the hundreds of thousands of death caused by foreign invaders in European lands throughout history … for the enslavement of millions of Europeans taken from their lands by the Islamic slavers … (and) for the thousands of European lives lost to terror attacks throughout European lands.”

He also said it was to take revenge for Ebba Akerlund, the 11-year-old child who was killed in a 2017 terror attack in Stockholm.

In the video the suspect also called people to “Subscribe to PewDiePie,” a popular Swedish YouTube personality.

Leading up to the attack, Tarrant also posted a manifesto. In it he answers questions regarding who he is and why he did what he did. He mentions warnings such as “Minorities are never treated well. Do NOT become one.”

He said he supported U.S. President Donald Trump “as a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose,” but not as a policymaker.

He chose to use firearms because of the effects they would have on “social discourse.”

New Zealand commissioner announced that 4 people had been arrested in connection to the shootings. One is the man who identified himself as Brenton Tarrant, and two other men and a woman.

Police confirmed a second shooting occurred at the Linwood mosque during Friday prayers in the South Island city, but no details were immediately available.

Police warned worshippers not to visit mosques “anywhere in New Zealand”. A lockdown imposed throughout Christchurch was called off at about 05:00 GMT.

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said that the shooting was “one of New Zealand’s darkest days.”

“Whilst I cannot give any confirmation at this stage around fatalities and casualties, what I can say is that it is clear that this is one of New Zealand’s darkest days.

Clearly, what has happened here is an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence.

Many of those who will have been directly affected by this shooting may be migrants to New Zealand, they may even be refugees here. They have chosen to make New Zealand their home, and it is their home.

They are us. The person who has perpetuated this violence against us is not. They have no place in New Zealand. There is no place in New Zealand for such acts of extreme and unprecedented violence, which it is clear this act was.

For now, my thoughts, and I’m sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders, are with those who have been affected, and also with their families.

My thoughts also to those in Christchurch, who are still dealing with an unfolding situation. The advice from police continues to be that people remain indoors. I acknowledge that that may mean that some families are separated, but please continue to listen out for information as it comes to light that’s been directly provided by the New Zealand Police with further information.

But as I say, please remain in lockdown. We are potentially still dealing with an evolving situation. And again, as I say, across multiple sites. Please be assured, though, the police are actively managing the situation. Christchurch Hospital is dedicated to treating those who are arriving at the hospital as we speak as well.

As soon as I leave here, I will be returning directly on a flight to Wellington. Agencies are already convening in Wellington. I will be looking to meet with them as soon as I land. It’s my expectation that once I arrive and have been briefed, I intend to speak again publicly after that point. I’m happy to take questions.”

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Click to see full-size image.

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Click to see full-size image.

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Click to see full-size image.

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Click to see full-size image.

Shootings At Two Mosques In New Zealand Leave Tens People Dead (Photos)

Click to see full-size image.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!