On September 10, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) shared a video documenting its recent attack on a Turkish military post located in the Syrian village of al-Yashilly next to the Turkish-occupied town of al-Bab in the northern countryside of Aleppo.
The attack, which took place on September 7, was carried out by the SDF’s main formation in the northern Aleppo countryside, the al-Bab Military Council (BMC).
During the attack, the BMC blew up the Turkish post with what appears to be a tunnel bomb. BMC fighters also targeted several fortifications and vehicles situated around the post with anti-tank guided missiles.
The BMC claimed that Turkish forces sustained the following losses:
- 12 Turkish service members were killed and 11 others were wounded, at least three of them are in a critical condition;
- Ten Turkish-backed Syrian militants were killed and ten others were wounded;
- Three armored vehicles and two engineering vehicles were destroyed.
From its side, the Turkish Ministry Of National Defense acknowledged that a single service member, an officer, was killed and four others were wounded. Turkish sources also shared photos showing the wreckage of a M113 armored personnel vehicle that was destroyed by the tunnel bomb.
Ma me negot ev welat wê ji we re bibe Goristan??? pic.twitter.com/Lgnva0UsSB
— Mustafa Bali (@mustefabali) September 10, 2021
In a statement, the BMC said that the unprecedented attack was a response to recent Turkish drone and artillery strikes which claimed the lives of several fighters and commanders of the SDF.
The SDF’s attack on al-Yashilly post confirms that the Kurdish-led group has both the will and the means to launch large-scale operations against Turkish forces in northern and northeastern Syria.
- Number Of Russian “Black Hole” Submarines Deployed In Mediterranean Sea Reached New Record
- New Wave Of Russian Airstrikes Hit Militant Positions In Northern & Southern Greater Idlib (Photos, Video)