At least eight civilians were killed in a new wave of Saudi airstrikes on the southwestern Yemeni province of Taiz on June 28.
Al-Masirah TV said that warplanes of the Saudi-led coalition targeted a civilian house in the area of Warzan in the district of Khadir with at least two airstrikes.
“The crime’s death toll is expected to raise as rescue teams continue to retrieve the bodies of the victims from the rubble of the targeted houses,” al-Masirah’s reporter in Taiz said.
The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on the airstrikes, so far. Unusually, the coalition admits causing such high number of civilian casualties days after the incident.
Last May, Saudi warplanes struck a gas station in the district of Mawiyah in Taiz killing nine civilians, including several children.
The Saudi-led coalition claims in its statements that it is following strict procedures to avoid any casualties. However, the precision of its airstrikes has not improved much since 2015.
More on this topic: