Early on November 24, the Saudi-led coalition announced that its warplanes had attacked a number of targets of the Houthis (Ansar Allah) in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.
In a statement shared by the Saudi Press Agency, the coalition said that the targets included a “secret drone factory” located in a building under construction of the Yemeni group.
“We have taken precautionary measures to protect civilians and civilian objects from collateral damage,” the statement reads.
From its side, the Yemeni al-Masirah TV said that the uncompleted building struck by the Saudi-led coalition was a part of al-Yatim Hospital, which is located in the western part of Sanaa city. According to the pro-Houthis channel, two civilians were killed and two others were wounded as a result of the coalition’s airstrikes.
Last week, the Houthis carried out several drone attacks on Saudi Arabia. The largest attack, which took place on November 20, saw 14 suicide drones targeting positions in the Kingdom’s western, central and southern regions.
The Houthis will likely response to the Saudi-led coalition’s deadly airstrikes on Sanaa in the upcoming few days. The group has already warned Saudi Arabia of “serious consequences” for its intense airstrikes on Yemen.