On September 9, the Saudi-led coalition and its Yemeni proxies captured more than 12km2 northeast of the district center of al-Durayhimi following heavy clashes with the Houthis, according the al-Arabiya TV. The UAE-based TV channel said that the coalition is planning to block the main highway between the coastal city of al-Hudaydah, north of al-Durayhimi, and the Yemeni capital of Sanaa.
Saudi-led coalition warplanes and attack helicopters backed the attack, which began two days ago, and conducted several airstrikes on positions of the Houthis northeast of al-Durayhimi. The airstrikes neutralized fighters and equipment of the Houthis.
On the other side, the Houthis began conducting a defensive operation in order to repel the Saudi-led coalition attack on their positions in al-Durayhimi. The Yemeni al-Masirah TV said that Houthi fighters destroyed three vehicles of the coalition with anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs) during the clashes around the district center on September 9.
Earlier this year, the Houthis repelled two similar attacks of the Saudi-led coalition on al-Durayhimi. The new attack may also fail, according to observers, who believe that the Houthis have the upper hand due to their better understanding of the battlefield.