On September 7, the Saudi-led coalition and its Yemeni proxies launched a new attack on the Houthis’ positions in the district center of al-Durayhimi on the western coast of Yemen, according to Yemeni sources.
The Sky News Arabiya TV said that the coalition captured several positions around al-Durayhimi, some of which overlook a key supply line of the Houthis. The UAE-based TV channel also reported that two field commanders of the Houthis named “Mohamad Abd al-Malik Atif” and “Ali al-Qiri” were killed during the attack.
Hours later, the Houthis’ media wing claimed that the Yemeni group managed to repel the attack. Furthermore, a military source told the al-Masirah TV that Houthi fighters killed dozens of coalition personnel and destroyed nine vehicles in the clashes around al-Durayhimi.
The Saudi-led coalition has been attempting to capture al-Durayhimi for more than two months now in order to pressure the Houthis in the coastal city of al-Hudaydah. However, the Houthis have managed to defend their positions in the district center with great efficiency so far.