On June 29, the Saudi-led coalition and its Yemeni proxies launched a new attack on the district center of al-Tuhayat and the town of Zabid along the western coast of Yemen, according to the Sky News Arabia TV. Yemeni sources told the UAE-based TV channel that coalition forces advanced more than 30km towards the two positions.
Sky News Arabia said that Saudi-led coalition captured 60 fighters of the Houthis and killed many others during its advance towards al-Tuhayat and Zabid.
Meanwhile, the Yemeni al-Masirah TV reported that Houthi fighters destroyed two armored personnel carriers (APCs) and three vehicles of the Saudi-led coalition during clashes around the village of al-Faza, which is located 15km west of al-Tuhayat.
Earlier this week, the Saudi-led coalition recaptured the town of al-Faza and reopened a supply line for their units south of the city of al-Hudaydah. This allowed the coalition to launch this new attack along the western Yemeni coast. However, it appears that the Houthis are still capable of defending their positions there.