0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
895 $
6 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMBER

Saudi-led Coalition Intercept Another Suicide Drone Ahead Of Major Announcement By Houthis

Support SouthFront

Saudi-led Coalition Intercept Another Suicide Drone Ahead Of Major Announcement By Houthis

Illustrative image, source: the Houthis media wing

Late on July 28, the Saudi-led coalition intercepted a suicide drone launched from Yemen, allegedly by the Houthis (Ansar Allah).

In a statement shared by the Saudi Press Agency, the coalition said that the drone was shot down over the southern region of Saudi Arabia.

“We are taking operational measures to protect civilians and deal with any imminent threat,” the brief statement reads.

Earlier on the same day, the coalition announced that its air-defense means had intercepted four ballistic missiles and two suicide drones. According to the coalition’s claims, the missile and drones were launched by the Houthis at the southern Saudi city if Jizan.

Just a day earlier, the Saudi-led coalition intercepted four suicide drones and a ballistic missile which were supposedly launched by the Houthis at a number of targets in Saudi Arabia’s southern region.

The Houthis didn’t claim responsibility for any of these attacks. However, a spokesman for the Yemen group, Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, said that a new operation will be announced on July 30.

“Tomorrow, at 3:00 pm [Yemen time], there will be, God willing, an important military statement for the armed forces to announce a large-scale military operation,” the spokesman said on Twitter without providing any further details.

The Houthis will likely claim responsibility for all recent drone and missile attacks on Saudi Arabia and reveal which targets were hit.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x