Two ballistic missiles, which were launched by the Houthis, failed to reach their targets and crashed in northern Yemen, the Saudi-led coalition claimed on October 4.
Col. Turki al-Malki, a spokesman for the coalition, said that the two missiles were launched from “urban areas” in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, which has been under the Houthis’ control since 2015.
“The Houthi militia continue to violate the international, humanitarian law by launching ballistic missiles … The coalition’s joint command will continue to take strict and deterrent measures,” the spokesman said in a statement released by the UAE-based al-Arabiya TV.
According to the coalition, the two missiles landed in the northern Yemeni province of Saada, the Houthis’ heartland.
The Houthis has not commented on the coalition claims, yet. Furthermore, these claims have not been confirmed by any local source in Saada.
Last month, the Houthis announced a peace initiative, under which they halted their attacks on Saudi Arabia. The coalition ignored the proposal. However, the Yemeni group appears to be still committed to it.