On May 4, an unnamed source in the Saudi-led coalition told the UAE-based al-Arabiya TV that two rocket experts had been killed in a coalition airstrike, which targeted an operation room of the Houthis in the Baqim district of the northern province of Saada. According to al-Arabiya TV, one of the experts who were killed was Iranian while the other was Lebanese.
Since the beginning of the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen, Saudi officials claimed that experts of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and Lebanese Hezbollah had been deployed in Yemen to support the Houthis.
Brigadier General Abdo Majali, spokesman for the pro-Saudi branch of the Yemeni Army told the UK-based Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper on May 3 that more than 100 Iranian experts are currently supporting the Houthis in Yemen.
According to Brig. Gen. Majali, the activities of the Iranian experts include training Houthi fighters on the manufacturing and using IEDs and rockets. Asharq Al-Awsat said that the information about the experts had been gathered from ten Houthi commanders who had been captured by Saudi-backed Yemeni forces recently.
However, the the Saudi-led coalition has never been able to present a real evidence confirming foreign experts are supporting the Houthis. In turn, Iran and Hezbollah have denied on several occasions that their personnel are operating on the ground in Yemen.