Russia One TV channel in its weekly news program released possible targets in the US, which can be hit by the recently revealed Zircon hypersonic missile in the event of a hot war between the US and Russia.
According to the Russian sate media, these targets are:
- The headquarters of the United States Department of Defense – the Pentagon;
- Camp David, officially known as the Naval Support Facility Thurmont – the country retreat for the President of the US;
- Fort Ritchie, Maryland – alternate high command post for the US President and a command center of the Joint Chiefs of Staff;
- McClellan Air Force Base, California – a HQ of the strategic offensive forces;
Such reports in both Russian and US media show the current level of tensions between the sides, which is unlikely to reduce in the near future.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Russia’s Zircon Hypersonic Cruise Missile. What We Know So Far
- Putin’s Federal Assembly Adress: Sea-Launched Hypersonic Missile And News On Other Modern Weapons