Russia has deployed over 100 sappers and special equipment for a demining opreation in Nagorno-Karabakh, the Russian Defense Ministry announced on November 23. According to the Russian side, over 100 specialists and 13 units of equipment are already involved in the operation.
A brief summary of the recent developments:
- On November 23, more than 100 Russian sappers, 13 units of military and special equipment, including Typhoon-K MRAPs and Uran-6 UGVs sent are set to be deployed in Karabakh to remove mines and IEDs;
- As of November 23, over 10,000 civilians have returned to Karabakh under the protection of Russian forces;
- On November 22, reports appeared that Turkey is planning to settle families of Syrian militants in the captured territories of Karabkah;
- As of November 23, the Russian peacekeeping force continued its works to assist in restoring the local infrastructure and secure roads in Karabakh.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Artsakh President Thanks Putin For Help In Ending Karabakh War, Russian Defense Minister Visits Azerbaijan
- Turkey Is Settling Families Of Syrian Mercenaries In Karabakh – Report