10 villages in the Syrian province of Raqqah have signed a reconciliation agreement with the Damascus government, the Russian Defense Ministry’s Center for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria said on August 12.
According to the released report, the following villages are now under the government control:
- Ayed-Kabir – the population is about 1200 people;
- Abbad – the population is about 3200 people;
- Et-Taura-Garbi – the population is about 2000 people;
- Et-Taura-Sharki – the population is about 2000 people;
- Et-Taura-Junubiy – the population is about 2000 people;
- Et-Taura-Shimali – the population is about 2000 people;
- Saf-Safe-Shimali – the population is about 300 people;
- Saf-Safe-Garby – the population is about 500 people;
- Saf-Safe-Junubiy – the population is about 500 people;
- Khnedey – the population is about 6,000 people;
The Russian Defense Ministry provided no further details regarding settlements that were allegedly transfered under the control of the Damascus government. Nonetheless, if the situation on the ground corresponds with the statement, such developments would be a major blow to the US-led efforts to isolate the US-occupied, northwestern part of Syria from the rest of the country.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: