A new division set of S-400 Triumph air defense system has undergone tests and will soon be put on combat duty in the Republic of Crimea, the press service of Russia’s Southern Military District said on November 28.
“In the near future, the new system will enter combat duty to defend Russia’s airspace, replacing the previous air defense system,” the press service said adding that the equipment is being prepared to be transported by rail to a permanent base.
Previously, the division set successfully conducted the first shooting exercises at a firing range in southern the Astrakhan Region.
On November 27, videos and photos appeared online showing that Russia is also deploying the Bal coastal defense missile system armed with Kh-35 anti-ship cruise missiles near the Kerch Strait.
The deployment of the new defense systems comes in the wake of rising tensions between Ukraine and Russia over the November 25 incident in the Black Sea.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Russia-Ukraine Black Sea Military Crisis: On The Brink Of War
- FSB: Detailed Timeline Of Provocation Acts Of Ukrainian Navy
- Ukraine Imposes Martial Law, Calls On Foreign States To Deploy Warships, Observers In Black Sea, Sea Of Azov
- Detained Ukrainian Servicemen Confirm They Provoked Black Sea Incident With Russia Upon Order From Their Command
- Information War Against Russia. Kerch Strait Maritime Incident
- Ukraine Released Intercepted Russian Radio Communications During The Black Sea Incident (Analysis)