A brief overview of the recent developments in Mozambique:
- French gas & oil company Total signed a security deal with the Mozambican government to help with logistic assistance to confront the insurgency in gas region of Cabo Delgado;
- ISIS branch in Central Africa claimed that its forces had repelled an attempt to capture the town of Mosemboa da Praia in the Cabo Delgado region, having killed and wounded 20 Tanzanian soldiers;
- Besides the Mozambican soldiers, the Tanzanian Armed Forces reportedly participated in the operation.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Map Update: Recent ISIS Attacks In Mozambique
- ISIS Captured Port City In Mozambique Just Days After Capturing Two Military Bases
- ISIS Rises Again In Mozambique’s Cabo Delgado, Killing Dozens In Large Attack