On January 4, forces loyal to Saudi-backed President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi claimed that their fighters killed 1,739 members and 147 commanders of the Houthis in the areas of Harad and Midi in the northwestern province of Hajjah in 2017, according to the UAE-based al-Arabiya TV. The media outlet added that 3,150 Houthi fighters were injured and 14 others were captured in Hajjah in 2017. Pro-Hadi forces also said that they destroyed 223 vehicles and 86 positions of the Houthis last year. However, all of these claims were not verified by any neutral side.
From its side, the pro-Houthis said that their fighters had killed 10 Saudi soldiers since the beginning of 2018. The Saudi soldiers were killed during several attacks of the Houthis against Saudi Army positions on the Yemeni-Saudi border.
Yemeni sources claims that over 400 Saudi soldiers had been killed by the Houthis since the beginning of the Saudi-intervention in March 2015. Moreover, a Sudanese official revealed on September 27 that the Sudanese Army lost 412 fighters in Yemen. The third biggest force in the Saudi-led coalition, the UAE has allegedly lost over 120 soldiers in Yemen so far.