Despite formal claims of the Saudi-UAE-led coalition to accept a ceasefire to improve humanitarian situation in Yemen, the conflict is still smoldering.
- The coalition advance on the Houthi-controlled port city of al-Hudaydah has been temporarily paused. However, clashes are still ongoing in the area of the 7 July district;
- 9 civilians were recently killed by coalition airstrikes in the Hali district of al-Hudaydah;
- Clashes are ongoing in the areas of Sirwah and Damt;
- In northern Yemen, clashes are ongoing in the Baqim area, at the Alab border crossing and along the border of the Narjan province;
- The Saudi-backed “government of Yemen” continues to blame Iran and the Houthis for various things. This time, the “Yemeni government” has accused Iran and the Houthis of threatening fishing in the Red Sea.