ATTENTION! 1 DAY LEFT UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMBER
SINCE SEPTEMBER 1, SOUTHFRONT HAS COLLECTED 2539 USD. THIS IS ABOUT 54% OF THE MINIMUM MONTHLY BUDGET [4,700 USD].
DEAR FRIENDS, WE APPEAL YOU TO SUPPORT SOUTHFRONT RIGHT NOW. EVERY DOLLAR IS CRITICAL: PAYPAL: SOUTHFRONT@LIST.RU, HTTPS://PATREON.COM/SOUTHFRONT, OR VIA: HTTPS://WWW.PATREON.COM/SOUTHFRONT
Thousands of Saudi-led coalition personnel were killed, injured or captured by the Houthis and their local allies in large-scale ambush, dubbed “Operation Victory from God”, a spokesman for the Yemeni group announced on September 28.
In an official statement, Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari described the ambush, which took place near the southern Saudi province of Najran, as “the biggest luring operation” since the outbreak of the Yemeni war, defining its results as the following:
- First – defeat of three military brigades of the enemy forces with full military equipment and most of their members and commanders.
- Second – seizure of large number of weapons, including hundreds of vehicles and armored vehicles.
- Third – thousands of enemy personnel were captured, hundreds were killed and injured.
- Fourth – the captured service members include large numbers of commanders, officers and soldiers of the Saudi military.
- Fifthly – only 72 hours after the start of the operation, Houthi forces fully enforced a siege on the enemy, consisting of three military brigades of “traitors” and a faction of the Saudi military. They were completely defeated.
The Houthis spokesman said that the prisoners were treated according to Islamic rules and Yemeni tradition. The Yemeni group even sheltered captives from Saudi airstrikes which targeted them.
In the final part of the statement, Brig. Gen. Sari said that the operation is still ongoing and that more info will be revealed soon.
The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on these claims, so far. The coalition usually ignores its losses in Yemen, especially those inflicted on its Yemeni allies.