According to the press service of the DPR’s ombudsman, 9 people were killed and 18 others were wounded during shelling the republic by the Ukrainian Army over the last week.
Over the last week, shellfire in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) killed 9 people and wounded 18 others, the press service of the republic’s ombudsman said on August 12. According to the press service, there were nine civilians and nine rebels among the injured.
“From August 6 to 12, nine people died as a result of aggression on the part of Ukraine on the territory of the republic, three of whom were civilians wounded by shelling of Donetsk’s Petrovsky district on August 9 and 11 and six were soldiers of the republic,” the ombudsman’s press service said.
According to official reports from the Defense Ministry of the DPR, over the last week, the Ukrainian military concentrated military hardware, including heavy artillery, rocket systems, armored vehicles and mortars at the contact line.
The reports read that, only over the past day, the pro-Kiev forces violated the ceasefire 300 times, shelling the city of Gorlovka and its surroundings, as well as the western outskirts of Donetsk. As result, two houses and a gas pipeline were damaged in the Petrovsky district, while the village of Trudovskiye was completely de-energized.
Representatives of the People’s Militia noted that the Armed Forces of Ukraine continue to violate the Minsk agreements with regards to removal of heavy weapons, and use the cease-fire regime for the capacity building of their military units in the area of the so-called ATO (the ‘anti-terror’ operation). According to the representatives, these violations are daily fixed in the reports of international observers of the OSCE mission.