0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
2,628 $
13 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF JANUARY 2021

North Korea Says It to Strike US Bases, Aircraft Carrier & Presidential Residence in Seoul in Case of US Aggression

Donate

North Korea is ready to strike US military bases in South Korea and Japan, as well as the presidential residence in Seoul and the US Carl Vinson aircraft carrier, in case of aggression from Washington.

North Korea Says It to Strike US Bases, Aircraft Carrier & Presidential Residence in Seoul in Case of US Aggression

Photo: AP / Ahn Young-joon

The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) will attack US military bases and the presidential residence in Seoul in case of aggression from Washington, a statement of the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army reads.

“All political, economic and military provocative machinations will be decisively foiled by a super-powerful response from our army and people,” the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) quoted the statement.

As a representative of the North Korean General Staff noted, the DPRK’s response will include options for a preemptive strike on land, sea and air.

Possible targets for the strike include US military bases in Osan, Kunsan and Phentak, as well as the Cheongwadae presidential residence, which the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army threatens to “turn into ashes in a matter of minutes.”

The General Staff spokesman called for not forgetting the fact that North Korean missiles are also aimed at US military bases in Japan, as well as on the territory of the US.

In addition, the North Korean General Staff said that they are ready to strike the US Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.

Earlier, the NBC News TV-channel reported that the US was ready to carry out a preemptive strike against North Korea in order to prevent another test of nuclear weapons by Pyongyang. It was also noted that the US had already dispatched two destroyers closer to the DPRK coast – the ships, armed with the Tomahawk cruise missiles are deployed just 300 miles from the prospective place of future missile tests.

Meanwhile, China is becoming more and more concerned about the increasing tense, occurring between North Korea and the USA. As the Bloomberg news agency reported, China warned that a war on the Korean Peninsula would have devastating consequences and “one has the feeling that a war could break out at any moment.”

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi called for all the sides “to stop provoking and threatening each other and not to make the situation irretrievable.” “No matter who the nation is, if it continues to provoke wars in the Peninsula, it has to bear this historical responsibility and pay its price,” he said.

“Once a war really happens, the result will be nothing but losing all round and no one could become a winner,” Wang told reporters in Beijing on Friday, according to the official Xinhua News Agency.

At the same time, the South China Morning Post state newspaper reported on Friday, citing Chinese experts and analysts, that there are great chances that Beijing will not provide allied assistance to the DPRK in case the US troops decide to strike the country.

The newspaper noted that despite the Sino-North Korean Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty of 1961, Pyongyang had refused to adhere to the regime of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons. In this way, one of the terms of the bilateral agreement, concerning provision of conditions for peace and stability in the region, was violated.

“It’s hard to say how China would assist North Korea militarily in case of war, since North Korea is developing nuclear weapons, an act that might have already breached the treaty between the two nations,” the newspaper quoted Li Jie, a retired Chinese naval colonel.

According to Shanghai-based military analyst Ni Lexiong, China should theoretically assist the DPRK in the event of a military invasion by US troops to that country, but the Pyongyang’s violation of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons is a “strong reason for Beijing to choose not to help.”

Earlier, the China Central Television (CCTV) reported that since April 17, the Air China airline, which is the only foreign company that makes flights to the DPRK, will suspend the flight connection with Pyongyang. The broadcaster did not disclose the reason of the flights’ suspension. Later, Air China denied the information that it had temporarily suspended flights to Pyongyang, and noted that only certain flights had been canceled. As Air China told the China News Service agency, the company “does not at all suspend flights from Beijing to Pyongyang, but has only temporarily canceled flights due to the demand for tickets.” The airline also stressed that in the future flights to Pyongyang will be organized, based on the situation with the sale of tickets.

On February 26, China banned all imports of North Korean coal, cutting off the country’s most important export product, after repeated North Korean missile tests that drew international criticism.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!