On Friday, North Korea conducted another missile launch in response to the increased pressure that the country faced from the US and its allies as well as the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
North Korea launched a ballistic missile over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido. This was the second missile launch over Japan in less than a month.
According to reports, North Korea launched a Hwasong-12 intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) that flew about 3,700 km with the maximum altitude of about 770 km. The IRBM’s flight time was about 17 mins.
A day before, a spokesperson for the Korea Asia-Pacific Peace Committee, which oversees North Korea’s foreign affairs and propaganda, called to “reduce the US mainland into ashes and darkness” adding that the US should “be beaten to death as a stick is fit for a rabid dog.”
He added that the “four islands of the [Japanese] archipelago should be sunken into the sea by the nuclear bomb of Juche. Japan is no longer needed to exist near us. This is the voices of the enraged Korean army and people.”
TIP: Juche is an official ideology of North Korea.
It’s also interesting to note that the missile flew a distance equivalent to that from North Korea to Guam, the US territory that was threatened by North Korea earlier.
South Korea responded with carrying out a “live fire drill” that included a missile launch which was capable of striking the Sunan airport missile launch site near the North Korea capital Pyongyang, according to the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff.
In response to North Korea’s latest missile test, South Korea immediately carried out a ballistic missile drill of its own over the East Sea pic.twitter.com/zBTJobArVd
— AFP news agency (@AFP) 15 September 2017
Spokesman for South Korean President, Park Soo-hyun, said that South Korea’s military had been ordered “to prepare a stern measure that can effectively counter North Korea’s increasing nuclear and military threats.”
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called for a “global response” to the missile launch and called it “a reckless breach of UN resolutions.”
N Korea’s missile launch is another reckless breach of UN resolutions-a major threat to int.peace & security which demands a global response
— Jens Stoltenberg (@jensstoltenberg) 15 September 2017
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson already blamed Russia and China for the US inability to handle its strategy towards North Korea.
“United Nations security council resolutions, including the most recent unanimous sanctions resolution, represent the floor, not the ceiling, of the actions we should take. We call on all nations to take new measures against the Kim regime. China supplies North Korea with most of its oil. Russia is the largest employer of North Korean forced labor. China and Russia must indicate their intolerance for these reckless missile launches by taking direct actions of their own,” Tillerson said in a statement.
Okay, now we know who is guilty in all failures of the US administration.