The “most powerful army in Europe” has come last in the NATO tank biathlon known as the Strong Europe Tank Challenge. The third annual competition has brought together eight nations: Austria, France, Germany, Poland, Sweden, the United Kingdom, the United States and Ukraine.
- Austria’s 6th Tank Company, 14th Panzer Battalion – the Leopard 2A4;
- France’s 1er Régiment de Chasseurs, 1st Hunter Regiment – the Leclerc;
- Germany’s 3rd Panzer Battalion – the Leopard 2A6;
- Poland’s 34th Armoured Cavalry Brigade – the Leopard 2A5;
- Sweden’s Wartofta Tank Company, Skaraborg Regiment – the Stridsvagn 122;
- The UK’s Queen’s Royal Hussars – the Challenger II;
- The U.S.’s 2nd Battalion, 70th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division – the M1A2 SEP;
- Ukraine’s 1st Tank Company, 14th Mechanized Brigade – the T-84.
The Ukrainian team obtained a total of 520 points for offensive and defenseive ops during the Strong Europe Tank Challenge. This is the worst result among all the participants.
— Tom Antonov (@Tom_Antonov) 7 June 2018