More than 57 killed as pro-Saudi and Yemeni forces clash in Ta’izz

Donate

Saudi aerial assaults caused most of casualties, according to medical officers.

More than 57 killed as pro-Saudi and Yemeni forces clash in Ta’izz

It is reported that more than 57 people are killed today, as pro-Saudi militants battle Houthi fighters and Yemeni army forces to capture Yemen’s third biggest city of Ta’izz.

According to military sources, in Friday clashes which involved airstrikes by Saudi warplanes, 37 members of the Yemeni army and their allied Houthi fighters and six civilians were killed. Sources also said that fourteen militants loyal to former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi were also killed.

Saudi aerial assaults caused most of casualties, according to medical officers.

It is also reported that Ta’izz governor Ali al-Maamari said pro-Hadi forces captured areas in the western and southern suburbs of Ta’izz, including the al-Misrakh district.

However, Ta’izz- widely known as Yemen’s cultural center, has been under the control of Houthi fighters and allied army forces for over a year now.

Last month, the European Parliament passed a resolution, calling on EU member states to stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia over high civilian casualties in Yemen.

More than 57 killed as pro-Saudi and Yemeni forces clash in Ta’izz

Several human rights groups have called US  to follow the EU parliament’s lead and impose an arms embargo on the kingdom since  8,400 people including  2,236 children, have been killed so by the Saudi aggression.

It is also reported that the Saudi airstrikes have also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.

However, there are allegations that several GCC countries with western green signal have been funding and supporting terrorism in some Middle East countries to take over indirect control by installing a pro-GCC government.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!