This map provides a general look at the military situation in Syria on October 12, 2017:
- The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and its allies are stroming the ISIS-held city of al-Mayadin in the Euphrates Valley;
- The SAA is preparing to storm the city of al-Qaryatayn in the province of Homs. The city has been seized by ISIS cells;
- The SAA has repelled all ISIS attacks along the Palmyra-Deir Ezzor highway and is now in full control of this important supply line;
- The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have seized Muwayli and Kabbar villages at the ash-Shaddaday-al-Busayran road and now are dveloping momentum in the area;
- The SDF is also fighting ISIS inside Raqqah city amid the circulating repoprts that the sides could reach an agreement allowing ISIS members to withdraw from Raqqah;
- In northern Hama, ISIS and Hayat Tahrir al-Sham are still clashing for the villages north of as-Saan.