A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) started offensive actions in northwestern Hama. At least two villages were reportedly liberated.
- Militant groups led by Hayat Tahrir al-Sham are creating a strike force in southern Idlib, according to the Russian military;
- Over 200 airstrikes by Russian and Syrian aircraft were reported in the provinces of Idlib and Hama by militant sources;
- The SAA used heavy Golan improvised rocket-assisted munitions to strike at terrorists’ positions and fortifications in northern Lattakia;
- Kurdish rebeels eliminated a vehicle of pro-Turkish forces in Maranaz on May 5;
- An IED explosion reportedly wounded 3 persons in Manbij.