A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- The militant killed in the recent drone strike on Afrin was identified as the military commander of ISIS’ “Hama Wilayat”;
- The U.S.-led coalition announced on May 22 that it had eliminated two senior ISIS commanders in Deir Ezzor province;
- Horas al-Din claimed that it captured a US-led coalition spy in Greater Idlib;
- A new group of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham snipers passed training in Idlib;
- The M4 highway in northeastern Syria could be reopened soon, according to local sources;
- US forces intercepted a Russian Military Police patrol near Tell Tamr;
- The Syrian Army recovered a large number of weapons during search operations in the Daraa countryside.