- The US-led coalition continued strikes on ISIS targets near Baghuz despite the formal declaration of the ISIS defeat in the Euphrates Valley. On March 29, over 50 ISIS fighters and commanders were reportedly killed by these strikes;
- The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) security operation in the area of Baghuz is still ongoing;
- The Syrian Arab Army repelled a militant infiltration attempt at the contact line in northern Hama, from the direction of al-Lataminah. Casualties were reported;
- Turkish Defense Minister, Hulusi Akar, and Chief of General Staff, Gen. Yasar Gulero, opened a command center in Turkey’s southeastern province of Sanliurfa. This command center will reportedly be involved in a possible military operation in northern Syria;
- General Commander of the SDF Ferhat Abdi Sahin claimed on March 28 that the SDF had made decision to ‘liberate’ Afrin by force;
- The US-led coalition and its proxies continue to prevent evacuation of civilians from the Rukban refugee camp. The humanitarian crisis is developing.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: