A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- Militants shelled al-Rasif and al-Azizah in northern Hama with shells containing toxic substances;
- The SDF announced that ISIS had been defeated in the Euphrates Valley and called on Damascus to recognize its authority over northeastern Syria;
- Attorney General of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham Salvation Government reportedly died as a result of an assassination attempt in Idlib city on March 22;
- The Israeli military and police are preparing for possible unrest in the Golan Heights, on both sides of the separation line, as the U.S. is moving to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the occupied region;
- The ISIS-linked news agency, Amaq, claimed that ISIS cells killed or injured a number of SDF fighters in two attacks in the southern Deir Ezzor countryside on March 22.