A brief overview of the recent developments:
- Syria continues building infrastructure on the al-Bukamal border crossing;
- Turkey is determined to launch a military operation against Kurdish forces in northeast Syria regardless of the outcome of ongoing talks with the U.S, the country’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on July 26;
- Abu al-Fatah al-Farghli, a senior commander of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham, has survived a Russian airstrike in Greater Idlib. Hisbodyguard and several other militants were killed;
- A Russian airstrike has wiped out a headquarters of so called Malhama Tactical, a group of Jihadi pr agents and mercenaries, in Greater Idlib;
- Tensions between Hayat Tahrir al-Sham and Ansar al-Din Front develop in western Aleppo;
- A firefight between the SDF and Turkish-backed miltiants was reported near Jablat Al-Hamrah.