A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham repelled a Syrian Army attempt to recapture Mustayf Hill;
- A car bomb exploded near a US military convoy at on the road leading the Conoco gas facility;
- The Syrian Army repelled a militant attack on Abu Dafn. According to pro-militant sources, a battle tank and an infantry fighting vehicle of the SAA were damaged, an artillery piece was destroyed, and dozens of Syrian service members were killed or injured in the clashes;
- The Kurdish Afrin Liberation Forces claimed that 6 Turkish-backed militants were killed in recent attacks in Azaz and Afrin areas;
- 98 Syrian service members and civilians were killed in militants attacks in the last three days, the Russian military reported on January 19;
- Hmeimim air defense units repelled another militant drone attack.