A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- On December 8, the US coalition conducted a military patrol in the vicinity of the Rumaylan oil fields;
- On December 8, a new Turkish military convoy consisting 12 trucks with various equipment entered Syria’s Idlib via Kafr Lusin;
- On December 8, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and Russian forces reached an agreement to establish 3 joint military posts east and west of Ain Issa town to monitor ceasefire violations;
- On December 9, artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled SDF positions east of Rass al-Ain;
- The Kurdish Initial Response Team in Raqqa announced that it has recovered 6,100 bodies and identified 700 of them since the beginning of 2018.