A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- Militants of the Turkish-backed al-Mu’tasim Division based in Syria’s Aleppo province officially deployed in Libya;
- ISIS claimed that during the past 4 months its forces conducted 26 operations in Daraa province: 11 IED attacks, 7 assassinations and 6 raids. According to ISIS, 51 people, including 8 Syrian Army officers, local commanders and 4 Russian service members were killed;
- The Syrian Army repelled a large-scale militant attack on Jarjanaz and al-Tah. Militants suffered notable casualties;
- The Syrian Army shot down several armed unmanned aerial vehicles over the Hama Airbase;
- A series of airstrikes wiped out on December 28 the al-Ma’srah prison run by militants in the Turkish-occupied part of Aleppo province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: