A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- Syria slammed the position of the OPCW as politicized and called on the UN to stop political games;
- On December 12, Russian Military Police carried out a patrol near Malekiyah city;
- On December 12, artillery of Turkish-backed forces continue to shell Ain Issa area despite the agreement reached between the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) to create 3 new joint posts in the area to de-escalate tensions;
- On December 13, SAA artillery shelled positions of Turkish-backed forces in the villages of Safuhin and Fatira;
- On December 12, Russian warplanes struck positions of Turkish-backed forces in the Kabani area;
- On December 12, Hayat Tahrir al-Sham arrested the military leader of Ansar al-Islam group known as “Abi Abd Almateen”.