This map provides a general look at the military situation in Syria and Iraq on November 20, 2017:
- The Syrian Arab Army (SAA), Hezbollah and their allies have liberated the city of al-Bukamal from ISIS and advanced southeast of al-Mayadin.
- The SAA entered into the villages of Shakhtir and Abu Dali and Balil Hill in northern Hama.
- The SAA also advanced in southern Syria and established control over the villages of Kafr Hawar, Bayt Sabir and Baytima.
- In Eastern Ghouta, government forces are still clashing in the Armoured Vehicles Base area.
- The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces have advanced on the eastern bank of the Euphrates.
- Iraqi forces are in full control over thetown of Rawah recently captured from ISIS.