- On January 16, a suicide bombing hit the town of Manbij reportedly killing at least 25 people. The Pentagon confirmed that 2 US servicemembers, one Department of Defense (DoD) civilian and one contractor supporting DoD were killed and three service members were injured in the attack;
- The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have launched a large-scale crackdown on alleged cells of ISIS and Turkish-backed groups in Manbij;
- A commander of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) in the western part of the province of al-Anbar has declared that the PMU is ready to launch a military operation against ISIS in Syria;
- Reacting to the recent US-Turkish rapprochement between the US and Turkey on northern Syria issues, the SDF has declared that it hopes to reach an understanding with Turkey;
- Clashes between pro-government forces and militants were reported in northern Hama and western Aleppo.
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x